For everyone who still have not learned to speak 'estonés'

Monday, May 23, 2005

Things are not the same

Life here is going easy and normal. Easy and normal in a CICD-way. Actually not everything is easy and allmost nothing is normal here. But anyhow. I am happy, I think. At least sometimes. I love the people here - it is unbelievable, how international we really are: for example yesterday we were playing ping-pong (table tennis) and there were an Estonian, a Lithuanian, people from Greenland, Poland, Brazil, Portugal... this is crazy, especially the fact that we all speak English (more-less). I mean, this is scary.

One thing I should inform you more about is maybe the thing what I am really doing here. Ok, right now I am in GAIA team, which means I am working 4 months for an environment project to raise funds for my studies later on. The work so far for me has involved quite a lot of office work (promotion aka propaganda), leafletting (the classical Gaia-work, which means distributing 1000 leaflets to post boxes in certain area), collecting (being a co-driver and collecting the bags of used clothes that people who have got the leaflet put out) and store-room (packing the clothes to big capsackes). Today I have a free day, because collecting went until 10 pm twice last week.

Right now it is pretty quiet around here, because more than 30 people are in Denmark with the theatre play they made and some of the Gaia are in Newcastle (3-5 people from Gaia go there for 2 weeks all the time). But I quite like the little rest of all the people. It is nice to cook ( and dishwash) for 20 people rather than 70, plus it is easier to have a chance to watch TV (even though I am not using the opportunity too much) etc.

I am using the f-word more than every before in my life. It is just part of CICD I guess. Everything is f***ing something. Other bad words are accepted as well. Somehow one rather dirty word in Estonian is widely used here. But that's too much for me and I am working on people to drop using it.:)

Otherwize, I am more popular than ever (thanks to the lack of new faces and being stuck here for 10 months I guess), sometimes enjoying, sometimes hating it. Unfortunately, I am still picky and even if Somebody was here for a while, he's gone now...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://orcrgxhy.com/gfjf/gsss.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xsutvuku.com/fbnf/gsrb.html]Cool site[/url]

12:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://orcrgxhy.com/gfjf/gsss.html | http://brewajyu.com/xlco/xwxq.html

12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home